Please select your state
so that we can show you the most relevant content.
Americans for Prosperity needs your help. Your voice is critical to ensuring that we stop the Senate from eliminating the filibuster, which would increase partisanship and division, stifle debate, and usher in the potential for dramatic changes to institutions, such as packing the Supreme Court.
Can we count on your help? Keep scrolling to get the tools you need to post on social media.
When posting on social media about this effort, here are the things to do:
1. Use the hashtag #DontBustTheFilibuster
2. Include the website for others to take action and email their lawmaker: DontBustTheFilibuster.com
3. Use one of the key talking points from below.
4. Use one of the graphics from below.
5. Tag your lawmakers when you post.
Use these key talking points when making your captions for social media:
– Ending the filibuster will lead to partisanship on steroids. It will make it easier for politicians in power to ram one-sided legislation through Congress that would otherwise fail – silencing minority voices and restricting debate
– Eliminating the filibuster would only increase the already staggering levels of partisanship and division. It could also create a revolving door of one extreme partisan policy routinely being replaced by another when power changes hands.
– Policy benefits from robust debate. Eliminating the filibuster deprives Americans of critical debate and the free flow of ideas that are crucial to crafting good, trusted, and durable policy.
– Eliminating the filibuster opens the possibility of sweeping structural changes that could fundamentally alter the nature of government, such as packing the Supreme Court.
Use the instructions below to save these images to your phone or computer, so you can use them when posting on social media!
– On Desktop: Right-click the image to save to your computer.
– On Mobile Phone: Click and hold the image and then add to your photo library.
Facebook and Instagram:
Receive email alerts to learn how to get involved