Public Hearing Set for 6/16 On Wasteful Open Space Bill
Jun 11, 2014 by AFP
Highlighting the bills of most concern to taxpayers for Thursday, June 12 and Monday, June 16. To see the full agenda for these legislative days, visit the state legislative website or click here for the legislative calendar.
***A public hearing will be held on a critical open space measure on Monday morning before the Senate Environment and Energy Committee.***
***Click here to urge a NO vote on this bill that will waste BILLIONS on open space for years to come.***
THURSDAY, JUNE 12, 2014
SENATE SESSION 2:00 PM Senate Chambers | Voting Session
- S779: Garden St. Film & Digital Media Jobs Act
- Corporate welfare handouts to the film industry
**Assembly Education Meeting 10:00 AM | Committee Room 16, 4th Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ | Chair: Asm. Diegnan, Patrick J.
- A3340 [Prieto, Vincent/Jasey, Mila M.], Co. voc. sch enrollment incr-addl St aid
- A3341 [Prieto, Vincent/Diegnan, Patrick J.], Adult ed. programs-St. aid
- AFP has concerns about using property tax relief dollars to establish a new category of state aid as A3340 would do. A3341 contains language indicating state aid dollars could be provided to adults; the state constitution is clear that these monies should only go to students 5-18 years of age
- For Discussion Only: A3336 [Prieto, Vincent/Jasey, Mila M.], Co. vocational sch. dist. fac-St support
- This bill would authorize the EDA to float $50,000,000 in bonds; more borrowing and debt
**Assembly Environment and Solid Waste Meeting 2:00 PM Committee Room 9, 3rd Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ | Chair: Asw. Spencer, L. Grace
- The Committee will hear testimony from invited stakeholders regarding the State’s aging drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
MONDAY, JUNE 16, 2014
Senate Budget and Appropriations Meeting 1:00 PM, Committee Room 4, 1st Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ | Chair: Sen. Sarlo, Paul A.
- S1551 [Lesniak, Raymond J.], Economic Opportunity Act of 2014, Part 3
- Makes changes to corporate welfare legislation enacted last year
Senate Environment and Energy Hearing (Immediately following the Committee Meeting) Committee Room 10, 3rd Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ | Chair: Sen. Smith, Bob
- SCR84 [Smith, Bob/Bateman, Christopher], Corp. Bus. Tax rev.-dedicate
**ASSEMBLY SESSION Assembly Chambers | Voting Session:
- A2345 [Lampitt, Pamela R./Mosquera, Gabriela M.], The Wage Transparency Act
- S1038 [Weinberg, Loretta], The Wage Transparency Act
- A pro- Big Labor mandate on businesses contracting with the State requiring disclosure of certain employee information; AFP believes this will inhibit competition and drive up project costs