Sign the petition to ensure lawmakers pass a pro-growth budget that benefits hardworking North Carolinians
Urge Raleigh to Continue Economic Growth in Its Budget!
North Carolina’s $580 million revenue surplus is proof the pro-growth reforms Americans for Prosperity supports continues to be a boon for the Tar Heel State’s economy. But some in Raleigh, including Governor Cooper, want to slam the brakes on our economic growth by using the revenue windfall as an excuse to expand the size of government. To ensure North Carolina continues to prosper, we need to ensure that Raleigh lawmakers include several pro-growth reforms in the budget.
Americans for Prosperity believes any sensible, pro-growth budget must include the following priorities:
- Controlled spending below the combined growth of inflation and population;
- The entirety of Senate Bill 325 – the Billion Dollar Middle Class Tax Cut – as passed by the Senate;
- Defunding of corporate welfare programs such as the North Carolina Film and Entertainment Grant and the Job Development Investment Grant;
- Continued growth of the Opportunity Scholarship Program and creation of Personal Education Savings Accounts (PESAs) for students with disabilities; and
- Complete repeal of North Carolina’s 39-year-old Certificate of Need laws to improve rural access to affordable, quality healthcare.
Compare that to the anti-growth policies included in Governor Cooper’s proposed budget:
- Increased government spending by $1.13 billion;
- Zero tax cuts;
- Increased funding for corporate welfare programs;
- Defunds the Opportunity Scholarship Program; and
- Keeps Certificate of Need regulations and expands Medicaid.
The Senate passed an encouraging budget, and AFP urges the House to do the same. Now is not the time to return to the tax-and-spend policies of yesterday.
Lawmakers should instead double down on efforts to reduce the tax burden on families and small businesses, reduce government spending where they can, and prioritize spending where they must.
That’s why we need you to sign our petition to tell Raleigh that you support our budget priorities and oppose Governor Cooper’s.
Sign the petition and tell Raleigh that you want to see AFP’s “budget musts” included in the North Carolina budget!