Sen. Roscoe Reynolds (20th District) has served in the Virginia General Assembly either in the House of Delegates or the Senate since Ronald Reagan was president. In that time, Sen. Reynolds has embraced fiscal policies harmful to Virginia families, employers and taxpayers in general.
In addition to supporting the largest tax increase in Virginia history in 2004, Reynolds advocated or voted for a variety of anti-taxpayer and job-killing policies, including:
* Raising income taxes on senior citizens
* Raising the tax on gasoline
* Raising sales taxes paid by employers
* Raising the statewide sales tax and allowing localities to do the same
* Raising vehicle registration fees
* Implementing an Internet sales tax
* Diverting sales tax revenue to fund a baseball stadium in Richmond
*Opposing elimination of the death tax
Sen. Reynolds took all of these positions despite having signed the taxpayer protection pledge sponsored by Americans for Tax Reform.