Richard Fisher, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, spoke at a Texas Public Policy Foundation event this week and presented the Texas economic update. Highlights included:
- Texas employment grew 2.5% in 2013. – Added 278,000 jobs
- In 2014, Texas grew 2.9% through February. – Added 54,500 jobs
- Manufacturing lost jobs, but output expanding.
- Construction and energy came in strong.
- Expect 2.8% growth for the year.
Fisher provides us more fodder for braggin’ when he cited Texas’ job growth outpacing the nation’s since 2005 (chart) Texas remains the top exporting state in the country and our job growth far outpaces the rest of the country in middle, upper and highest-paying jobs.
The entire speech is available here.