FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Peggy Venable, (512) 423-2947 or email@example.com
New AFP ObamaCare Ad in TX: My Daughter
Seven-figure ad buy includes TX markets, features questions from mom of girl with 4 open heart surgeries
Arlington, VA – Americans for Prosperity, the nation’s largest free-market grassroots organization, today released the third in a series of personal testimonials that raise important questions about the negative impact ObamaCare will have on healthcare choice. The new ad will run in markets across Texas. It features Renay, the mom of a young girl, Caleigh, whose life has been saved by four open heart surgeries performed by physicians who have looked after her since she was born. Because the new health care law restricts the freedom of patients to keep their doctors, Renay worries that she and others will not have the same access to care in the future.
“The ability to choose one’s own doctor — and to do so for your children and loved ones — is one of the freedoms that makes our health care system so exceptional,” explained Peggy Venable, AFP-Texas Policy Director. “Under ObamaCare, that latitude is under attack. Americans will have fewer health care options s insurers shrink their networks of providers to control ballooning costs. Moms like Renay want to choose the physicians who know their kids and their needs, and who can give them personal, quality care. As the disastrous ObamaCare rollout continues, we can be certain we’ll hear from more folks like Renay who refuse to stay quiet about their questions and concerns regarding this law.”
Fact: ObamaCare will limit millions of Americans’ medical options, regardless of whether they currently have insurance or are enrolled in a government program.
- Many health insurers are planning to decrease the network of health care providers available to their customers because of the law’s cost-increasing effects, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
- The Congressional Budget Office estimates that 7 million Americans with employee-sponsored health insurance will lose their coverage by 2022 because of ObamaCare’s high costs, leaving them with less choice of health care providers.
- The medical journal Health Affairs states that one-third of doctors are expected to not accept new Medicaid patients in states that choose to expand the program under the law.
- According to the Doctor Patient Medical Association Foundation, 83% of doctors are considering quitting the medical practice, largely because of government interventions like ObamaCare.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that many of the plans available on the new health care exchanges will include relatively few choices of doctors and hospitals.
- 17% of doctors foresee closing their private practice in the next year because of financial strains on the medical industry, according to a report on CNN.
These and other facts about the negative impacts of the new health care law are documented at ObamaCareRiskFactors.com.
“As the October 1 enrollment day gets closer, evidence of the problems with ObamaCare continues to mount,” Venable said. “Americans for Prosperity will remain committed to sharing the unanswered questions real Americans have about this law — tough questions the White House wants to pretend don’t exist.”
The first ad featured the story of Julie, whose son required a high level of medical attention that may not be available once the health care law is fully implemented. The second ad is narrated by Dr. Mary Ellen Gallagher, a physician who worries that the red tape required by Obamacare will undermine freedom to look after her patients personal needs.
For further information or an interview, please contact Peggy Venable at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 423-2947.
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org