Wisconsin Recall: The Facts
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker made tremendous reforms to his state, which was drowning in debt and headed down a path of no return. The governor took on the public sector union boss bullies and pushed through key reforms. Reforms, like asking state employees to pick up just 12% of their benefits (yes, just 12%…the WI taxpayers still paid for the other 88%).
As was expected, the public sector union bosses reacted like toddlers who didn’t get every, single thing they wanted from Santa Claus. The screamed, they yelled and they demanded the taxpayers pay for perks and benefits beyond any private sector employee. The union bosses used their bully pulpit and abused the recall system. Recalls are for politicians who commit crime and malfeasance…not for ones that make bold and necessary policy decisions.
That’s why Gov. Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch (read about my encounter with her and the amazing Racine Tea Party)and four other state lawmakers are on the recall ballot on June 5th. But a funny thing happened on the way to the recall; Wisconsin found out the governor’s reforms were working. While the union bosses and their supports were trashing the Capitol, the governor and the hard working people of Wisconsin were turning the state around. You can see from these great videos that the people of WI are happy to talk about how well things are going in the Badger State.
Our Director of Policy, Katy Abram and I are out in Wisconsin right now and will be reporting back on the efforts on the ground and making sure we do everything we can in this great fight for liberty.
AFP-PA State Director