Americans for Prosperity Leads the Way in Blocking the Healthcare Exchange in Pennsylvania
During the past year Americans for Prosperity Pennsylvania (“AFP-PA”) made it a top priority to educate the citizens of our state why the Affordable Healthcare Act (“Obamacare”) would harm our healthcare system, cost jobs and increase, not decrease healthcare costs as promised. The goal of this education has been to encourage Pennsylvanians to rise up against this harmful and convoluted law, and they responded in large numbers. Thanks to their efforts in calling, writing, Facebooking, and tweeting, their voice was heard and freedom prevailed. Governor Corbett chose the best possible alternative by deciding not to establish a state level Obamacare exchange.
- Conducted over 100 Hands Off My Healthcare seminars statewide to educate citizens about the fatal flaws in this 2700 page law.
- Took 16 buses full of activists from throughout the state of Pennsylvania to the AFP Hands Off My Healthcare Washington DC rally in March. Some noted speakers included Representative Paul Ryan and Michelle Bachmann, Senators Jim DeMint, Pat Toomey, and Rand Paul.
- Held seminars with our state legislators about why they should oppose establishment of a state level exchange.
- Supported and promoted Representative Gordon Denlinger’s letter submitted Governor Corbett in July urging him not to establish a state level exchange nor to expand Medicaid in the state of Pennsylvania. The letter was co-signed by 47 other state representatives. He re-submitted it to the Governor two weeks ago as the deadline for the exchange decision approached.
- Hosted a massive Hands Off my Healthcare Rally in the Capitol Rotunda in October headlined by conservative columnist and Fox News commentator Michelle Malkin, as well as then State Representative, now Congressman-elect Scott Perry. Perry is a one of the co-signers of the Denlinger letter.
- Coordinated a statewide effort with tea party, liberty, other coalition partners and concerned citizens from one end of the Commonwealth to the other in November and December to contact the Governor and our leaders in the State Senate and House on a daily basis in the weeks leading up the exchange decision deadline. Over 20,000 calls went into the Governor’s and our elected leaders’ offices!
- December 12, 2012 – GOVERNOR CORBETT ANNOUNCES PENNSYLVANIA WILL NOT BE ESTABLISHING A STATE LEVEL EXCHANGE!
THANK YOU TO ALL THE INCREDIBLE GRASSROOTS ACTIVISTS THAT MADE THIS VICTORY POSSIBLE!!