“Happy Holidays from Obamacare” #3: Obamacare Doesn’t Cover the Uninsured
But it has Eliminated Plans for Millions of Americans, and Could Ultimately Leave More People Uninsured
Arlington, VA – Today, Americans for Prosperity continued its “Three Weeks of Obamacare’s Problems” campaign by responding to the administration’s claim that Obamacare covers the country’s uninsured. The President is expected to focus on this topic later today as part of his three-week pro-Obamacare tour.
Not only does Obamacare leave millions of Americans uninsured, it has also forced over 5 million Americans off of the health plans they liked, and will probably do the same to millions more over the next year. In fact, it may even leave more people uninsured once it’s fully implemented.
Here are the facts:
Obamacare Won’t Cover All of the Uninsured
– The Congressional Budget Office predicts that Obamacare will still leave between 26 and 27 million Americans—nearly a tenth of the country—uninsured.
– An analysis by Health Affairs estimates that 29.8 million Americans will still be uninsured by 2016.
Millions of Americans Have Lost their Health Insurance Due to Obamacare
– Obamacare has directly caused 5.5 million Americans to lose their health insurance, despite the President’s promise that you could “keep your plan if you like it.”
– The American Enterprise Institute estimates that nearly 80 million Americans will lose their health care plans before the end of 2014.
Obamacare Might Actually Leave More People Uninsured
– A Politico contributor warned last week that Obamacare “could face the worst-case scenario on Jan. 1: the number of uninsured Americans actually goes up.”
“Obamacare promised universal care, but it has only delivered canceled plans, less choice, and higher insurance premiums. Meanwhile, the worst is yet to come,” Tim Phillips, President of AFP, concluded. “It’s time for the President to stop putting politics over people—and that means stopping Obamacare before it gets worse.”
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.