Correction: NC Real Solutions Launches Radio Ad
Raleigh, NC – The NC Real Solutions public education effort has launched a radio ad to explain the success of North Carolina’s recently passed state budget reforms. The radio ad follows on the heels of and is similar to a statewide television ad, which the News and Observer and NBC-17 have fact-checked and found accurate.
“Rather than responding to the facts in the ad, Governor Perdue wants us to pull it off the air,” explained Dallas Woodhouse, State Director of Americans for Prosperity Foundation – North Carolina. “This type of behavior is the very reason this public education is needed. The NC Real Solutions project cuts through the noise to present the facts to the people of North Carolina who deserve to know the truth.”
Last year the General Assembly passed a bi-partisan budget – over Governor Perdue’s veto – that:
• Added more than 4,600 state-funded education positions, including 2,000 state-funded teacher positions.
• Closed a $3.1 billion budget gap – without raising taxes.
• Cancelled close to a quarter billion in previously approved but not yet issued state debt.
• Returned more than $2 billion in taxes to North Carolina families.
• Included nearly half a billion dollars in tax relief for small businesses.
NC Real Solutions is a project of Americans for Prosperity Foundation with assistance from the John William Pope Civitas Institute.