Entire House GOP Leadership Team is Signatory to No Climate Tax Pledge
- Refuses to use climate change as a guise to grow government -
Washington, DC—The free market grassroots group Americans for Prosperity (AFP) today noted that following House GOP Conference organizing elections for the 112th Congress the entire leadership team has signed the No Climate Tax pledge, stating they will “oppose any legislation relating to climate change that includes a net increase in government revenue.” More than 525 elected officials have signed the pledge, including 153 House members in the upcoming 112th Congress.
“This is a great sign that Congress and the American people realize that cap-and-trade is a policy designed to grow government and transfer control of the energy sector to government, not a plan to help the environment,” said AFP Director of Government Affairs James Valvo, who manages the pledge. “Hopefully now that the new House leadership is unified against bigger government Congress can turn to commonsense solutions to the nation’s energy concerns.”
The following representatives will lead the U.S. House in the 112th Congress and have all signed the pledge:
- John Boehner – Speaker of the House
- Eric Cantor – Republican Leader
- Kevin McCarthy – Republican Whip
- Jeb Hensarling – Republican Conference Chairman
- Pete Sessions – National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman
- Tom Price – Republican Policy Committee Chairman
- Cathy McMorris Rodgers – Republican Conference Vice-Chair
- John Carter – Republican Conference Secretary
- Kristi Noem – Freshman Elected Leadership Representative
- Tim Scott – Freshman Elected Leadership Representative
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. AFP educates and engages citizens to support restraining state and federal government growth and returning government to its constitutional limits. AFP is more than 1.6 million activists strong, with activists in all 50 states. AFP has 31 state chapters and affiliates. More than 70,000 Americans in all 50 states have made a financial contribution to AFP or AFP Foundation. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org
Americans for Prosperity does not support or oppose candidates for public office.
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.