You Might Have A Spending Problem If ...
- You think saving 2 cents on the dollar constitutes “draconian cuts.” (CBO, 2/5/13 and David Plouffe, ABC News, 4/10/11)
- You refuse to admit you have a problem. (President Obama The Wall Street Journal, 1/6/13 and Speaker Pelosi Fox News Sunday, 2/10/13)
- You spend new revenue instead of paying down old debts. (Reuters, 2/7/13)
- You think that you’ve “chipped away” at the problem when you continue to overspend by $1 trillion a year. (White House, 2/10/13)
- You think canceling highway projects that never existed is a cut. (Washington Post, 2/11/13)
- You credit $6 billion as a Census department cut for not re-conducting the census in 2011. (Washington Post, 2/11/13)
- You cut $14.6 million for building construction, when the building was already built. (Washington Post, 2/11/13)
- You consider savings on under budget bid projects a spending cut. (Washington Post, 2/11/13)
- You disagree with 83% of Americans who think the government has a spending problem. (Fox News Poll, 2/7/13)
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.