AFP by the Numbers
This year has been a remarkable period of growth for Americans for Prosperity and our activists are driven for the cause. They have proven once again that they will fight for freedom when the call comes. Our growth has been so astonishing and so impressive that we wanted to share it with you.
- The ranks of AFP have grown by 400,000 activists this year, from 1.9 to 2.3 million
- This year AFP has grown to include 34 permanent state chapters, whose incredible state directors have hosted 1,400 unique local events
Last December, Americans for Prosperity launched the Field Plan in a bold effort to take grassroots activism to the next level. The Field Plan is made up of 150 full time AFP employees in 18 states, who organize thousands of volunteers to take action using our Freedom Phones technology and Prosperity Knocks mobile canvassing devices.
- Throughout the year, those activists made 15 million Freedom Phone calls and knocked on 300,000 doors to educate Americans on how Obama’s policies are harming the economy.
Americans for Prosperity was a force on the airwaves starting in January of this year. The efforts included issue advocacy television ads on the policies of Barack Obama and certain candidates for Senate.
- $21 million spent on issue advocacy television ads focused on the voting record of Senate candidates
- AFP spent $23 million issue advocacy ads educating the public on President Obama’s big-government economic policies
- AFP ran a separate $34 million express advocacy campaign that directly called for the defeat of President Obama.
One of the largest projects this year is our Obama’s Failing Agenda bus tour that launched in August. The tour features a petition drive and three buses crisscrossing the country educating American citizens on the Obama Administrations failing agenda and activating volunteers to push back against big-government policies.
- The Obama’s Failing Agenda bus tour has visited 400+ cities in 31 states, for a total of 55,000 miles. That is more than enough miles to circle the globe twice!
- Over the course of the tour, 35,000 petitions have been signed and delivered to President Obama letting him know Americans do not support his big-government economic policies
- AFP spent $1.2 million on radio ads promoting the tour
- 22,150 Obama’s Failing Agenda t-shirts have been given out
Americans for Prosperity is a non-partisan grassroots organization that relies on the funding from like-minded individuals across the country. We are proudly supported by those who believe in economic freedom and the principles of fiscal responsibility.
All of this has been made possible by more than one hundred thousand individual donors who support our mission!
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.