TOP TEN BEST REASONS TO BE AN UNACCOUNTABLE BUREACRAT AT THE GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION!
Life at the General Services Administration really isn’t so bad. Sure we’ve all heard about the taxpayer-funded Hawaiian vacations, wild parties and piles of free sushi, but nothing compares to your own boss telling Congress you are entitled to not only spend taxpayers’ money however you want, but get a big bonus for it!
“The senior executives were entitled to bonuses under our — we’re entitled to bonuses. I don’t believe the pay freeze affected those bonuses.” – Former GSA Administrator Martha Johnson
But that’s not all! Let’s take a look at some of the other perks unscrupulous bureaucrats are “entitled” to!
1. Receive almost $1 million to spend on a wild & crazy Vegas getaway
2. Build team camaraderie during multiple “dry run” Vegas planning trips
3. Earn thousands of dollars in bonus cash for party planning
4. Enjoy fabulous Hawaiian vacations at taxpayers’ expense
5. All-you-can-eat taxpayer-funded sushi
6. Host your very own hotel party at taxpayers’ expense for all of your agency and non-agency pals!
7. Use your acquisition skills to hire an outside event planner to do your work for you
8. Receive taxpayer-funded souvenirs for your hard work such as canteens, t-shirts, commemorative coins, yearbooks, and more.
9. Cultivate innovative team-building exercises like $75,000 bicycle-building projects
10. Ability to partake in uncommon business practices like criminal bribes and kickbacks