An Amazing Day for Freedom!
The Defending the American Dream Summit, sponsored by our sister organization Americans for Prosperity Foundation, and our afternoon Final Countdown Rally drew more than a 1,000 free-market activists this past Saturday!
Attendees were treated to terrific speeches from National Review Online’s Jonah Goldberg, Project Veritas’ James O’Keefe, American Spectator’s John Fund, investor and economist Peter Schiff and author, blogger and Fox News contributor Michelle Malkin!
Check out News 12–New Jersey’s Coverage of Saturday’s Big Day in Parsippany!
Big Bird ‘crashed’ the afternoon rally and was quite a hit, while creating quite a stir on Twitter! Click here to check out Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy.com for all the Big Bird ‘chirps’ on Twitter and to see a number of funny and clever pictures as well!
Saturday’s Summit and rally also garnered considerable press coverage. Here are some stories from a number of New Jersey’s major outlets and bloggers!
Print media articles from the Bergen Record, Daily Record and Star-Ledger:
- Bergen Record: 1,000 conservative activists gather for Defending the American Dream Summit in Parsippany
- Daily Record: Conservatives cheer on their messengers
- Star-Ledger: Hundreds of conservatives rally at Tea Party summit in Parsippany
- Star-Ledger: At conservative summit in N.J., speakers examine the role of women
Social media buzz and blog posts from New Jersey and around the country:
Click below for some great posts from terrific bloggers who attended our event!
- Say Anything Blog’s Rob Port
- Conservative New Jersey’s Ed Mazlish
- Save Jersey Blog’s James Beattie
- Gateway Pundit’s Emma Thoni
- Smart Girl Politics’ Rosa Leonetti
Here are some photos from Saturday’s Final Countdown Rally!
All in all, the Summit and Final Countdown Rally proved to be a great success! Not only did this event show that the conservate movement is alive and well right here in the Garden State but also helped to empower and mobilize conservatives to promote the free-market, limited government ideals that will restore prosperity in New Jersey and America.