Red Alert: Vote on Budget, Tax Hikes Set for June 26
The Legislature is set to vote Thursday on a $34.1B budget, including a massive $1.3B tax hike package consisting of an income tax hike, corporate business tax hike, and 23 fee increases. AFP recommends calling the Governor’s office at 609-292-6000 to urge him to line item veto all of these tax hikes.
Key Bills for Thursday, June 26
- A2795/S1203: Provides Medicaid coverage for family planning services to individuals with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Furthers Obamacare in NJ.
- S784: Supplemental appropriation of $7.453M for family planning services
- S1893: Enables more low-income individuals to qualify for food stamps
- S2014: FY ’14 supplemental appropriation
- S2015: $34.1B FY ’15 State budget
- S2262: Imposes a one-year fifteen percent surcharge on Corporation Business Tax liabilities.
- S2263: Income tax hike, raising top-end rate from 8.97% to 10.75% for next three years
- SCR84: $4B open space constitutional amendment Sign our action alert letter!
- A470: “Resid. Foreclosure Transformation Act”—Radical scheme to authorizing the State to borrow billions to purchase foreclosed homes to turn them into “affordable housing units”
- A1999: “Opportunity to Compete Act”—Mandate on business forbidding “employers from inquiring…about a job applicant’s criminal record and from requiring a job applicant to complete an application that makes such inquiries during the initial employment application process”; threatens fines for non-compliance
- A2956 (S1893): Enables more low-income individuals to qualify for food stamps
- A3213: Economic Opportunity Act of 2014, Part 3—Makes changes to this corporate welfare bill which was enacted last year.
- A3341: Adult ed. programs-St. aid—Earmarks state aid for adults when funds should only be provided for those aged 5-18 as per the state constitution
- A3483 (S2015): $34.1B FY ’15 State budget
- A3484 (S2262): Imposes a one-year fifteen percent surcharge on Corporation Business Tax liabilities.
- A3485 (S2263): Income tax hike, raising top-end rate from 8.97% to 10.75% for next three years
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.