A number of bad bills are on tap for Thursday, May 5.
The Assembly Labor Committee (Committee Room 15, 4th Floor, at 10AM) will take up several measures which would impose further mandates on job creators.
- A2345, The Wage Transparency Act
- Forces employers contracting with the State to disclose certain information about their employees
- A2873, Pub. svc priv contracts-estab procedures
- Makes it more difficult for employers to contract with the State and undertake privatization efforts
- A2910, Emp. discrimination, emp. status-proh.
- Imposes fines on employers when making hiring decisions if they consider the fact that an applicant is/has been unemployed
The Assembly Women and Children Committee (Committee Room 9, 3rd Floor, at 10AM) will attempt take up a bill aimed at further entrenching ObamaCare in New Jersey.
- A2795, Medicaid coverage, family planning svc.
- An expansion of “family planning services” under Medicaid for ‘non-pregant’ persons up to 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL) equivalent to $23,340 a year.
AFP urges activists to contact committee members and urge them to vote NO on these bills.
| Egan, Joseph V. – Chair
Sumter, Shavonda E. – Vice-Chair
Coughlin, Craig J.
Dancer, Ronald S.