AFP-NJ's Bill Tracker!
AFP-NJ’S BILL TRACKER!
Keeping an eye on the legislation in Trenton affecting New Jersey taxpayers!
Below are the major fiscal bills for the current two-year legislative session (2014-2015) on AFP’s radar along with their status. Look for the bills with active action alerts to let your representatives in Trenton know you expect them to stand up for taxpayers when these bills come up for a vote! CLICK HERE to search bills and their status on the NJ Legislature website!
Pending Bills (Introduced or Voted on by One or Both Chambers)
- Transparency in Government Act (A103) – AFP supports this measure aimed at opening the state’s books and posting all information on revenue, expenditures and debt online.
- Constitutional Amendment on Open Space (ACR112/SCR2) – Amends Constitution to dedicate up to $200M a year for 30 years ($6B total), for preservation of open space. AFP believes this is a fiscally reckless proposal the state can ill afford (AFP Position: NO) SEE OUR KEY VOTE ALERT & TAKE ACTION!
- ObamaCare Resolution (AR40) – A resolution urging the Governor to apply $7.67M in federal funds for ObamaCare outreach. (AFP Position: NO)
- RGGI Cap & Trade Constitutional Amendment (ACR81) – An outrageous attempt to force New Jersey back into this Obama-style Cap & Trade scheme via constitutional amendment. (AFP Position: NO)
- RGGI Cap & Trade Resolution (AR48)- An inane resolution urging NJ’s participation in the RGGI scheme under a ruse of “national security and energy independence.”
- RGGI Cap & Trade Bill (A1763/S151) – Attempt to force NJ back into the RGGI Cap & Trade scheme (AFP Position: NO)
- Family Planning Medicaid Expansion (S1203) – Extends Medicaid family planning coverage to persons with incomes up to 200% of federal poverty level. (AFP Position: NO)
- ObamaCare Exchange (S534) – A bill to implement an ObamaCare exchange in NJ as part of the failing government health care takeover (AFP Position: NO)
Enacted Bills/Resolutions Passed
CLICK HERE to find and contact your legislators!