Encourage Gov. Heineman to Oppose ObamaCare Exchanges
Tomorrow we will be participating in a public meeting held by Gov. Heineman to express our opposition to a state health exchange under President Obama’s health care law.
Gov. Heineman has been a strong opponent of ObamaCare and steadfast leader for the full repeal of government-run health care.
The governor was a leader in announcing Nebraska will not participate in expanding Medicaid in order to grow the number of ObamaCare participants. It was a program that would have bankrupted the state and lowered the quality of care for thousands of Nebraskans.
Now Governor Heineman is being forced by the federal government to consider creation of a state insurance exchange as a mechanism for implementing the health care law. We will be speaking tomorrow at a public meeting called by the governor to express our opposition to Nebraska implementing ObamaCare.
We hope you can join us.
(Lincoln, Neb.) Gov. Dave Heineman today, joined by Bruce Ramge, Director of Insurance, announced a series of informal public meetings to be held across the state. The purpose of these public meetings is to provide an open and transparent process to discuss Health Insurance Exchange options as a result of President Obama’s federal health care overhaul law.
All Nebraskans are invited and encouraged to attend the eight statewide meetings. Those specifically invited to the Sept. 4 and 6 meetings in Lincoln include:
- American Cancer Society
- Americans for Prosperity
- CATO Institute
- Center for Rural Affairs
- National Association of Mental Illness
- Nebraska Appleseed
- Nebraska Chamber of Commerce
- Nebraska Farm Bureau
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Platte Institute
- Voices for Children
- Alegent Creighton Health, Omaha
- Bryan LGH Health System, Lincoln
- Regional West Health Services, Scottsbluff
- St. Francis Medical Center, Grand Island
- The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha
- Nebraska Hospital Association
- Health Center Association of Nebraska
- Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nebraska Chiropractic Association
- Nebraska Dental Association
- Nebraska Medical Association
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioners
- Nebraska Pharmacists Association
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Coventry Health Care of Nebraska
- United Health Care
- Independent Insurance Agents of Nebraska
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors – Nebraska
- Nebraska Association of Health Underwriters
- Professional Insurance Agents of Nebraska.
The five other statewide meetings will be held on Aug. 27 in Gering; Aug. 28 in Kearney; Aug. 30 in Nebraska City; Sept. 10 in Omaha; and Sept. 12 in South Sioux City.