Elected government officials want to give pay raises to other government officials; with your money, of course.
- governor’s salary: $105,000 a year to $126,000;
- lieutenant governor’s salary: $75,000 a year to $90,000;
- attorney general’s salary: $95,000 a year to $114,000;
- secretary of state’s, auditor’s and treasurer’s: $85,000 a year to $102,000; and
- Public Service Commision members’: $75,000 a year to $90,000.
Avery is proposing these individuals receive 20% pay increases!
These government officials’ salaries are already higher than that of the average Nebraskan. The median household income, 2007-2011, was $50,695. These officials already make between $25,000-$90,000 more!
In the private sector, the 2012 average hourly earnings increased 2.1%, not 20% like these bills seek.
Just think how great it would be if you and your colleagues could give each other pay raises.
Government officials paying government officials results in the misuse of your tax dollars.