The 49 members of the Nebraska legislature have cast their votes for the committee chairmanships. Here are the results (listed alphabetically by committee and their voting record on AFP-NE issues last session):
- Speaker of the Legislature– Sen. Greg Adams (A);
- Agricultural Committee– Sen. Ken Schilz (C);
- Appropriations Committee– Sen. Heath Mello (B);
- Banking, Commerce and Insurance Committee– Sen. Mike Gloor (B);
- Business and Labor Committee– Sen. Steve Lathrop (C);
- Education Committee– Sen. Kate Sullivan (C);
- General Affairs Committee– Sen. Russ Karpisek (C);
- Government, Military and Veterans Affairs Committee– Sen. Bill Avery (C);
- Health and Human Services Committee– Sen. Kathy Campbell (C);
- Judiciary Committee– Sen. Brad Ashford (B);
- Natural Resources Committee– Sen. Tom Carlson (C);
- Retirement Systems Committee– Sen. Jeremy Nordquist (C);
- Revenue Committee– Sen. Galen Hadley (C);
- Transportation and Telecommunications Committee– Sen. Annette Dubas (D); and
- Urban Affairs Committee– Sen. Amanda McGill (D).
11 of the 15 senators listed scored a C or D on AFP-NE Key Votes during the previous session.
Here is a complete list of our Nebraska State Senators.
The “Bill Drop” begins tomorrow. Start contacting you senator and let them know you stand for economic freedom and limited government.
Check back daily for more information on the 103rd Nebraska Legislature.