AFP – MO Weighs in on Tax Cut Debate in Columbia Daily Tribune
Columbia, MO – The Columbia Daily Tribune highlighted AFP – Missouri’s advocacy of returning state surpluses to taxpayers and passing meaningful tax relief measures to compete with neighboring states.
Click here to read the entire Columbia Daily Tribune article:
Here is an excerpt from the article that highlights AFP – Missouri’s sentiments:
A business tax exemption is being pushed by Republican legislators as a way to reward employers and spur job growth. “If we don’t do this we will continue to fall behind,” said Patrick Werner of the conservative group Americans for Prosperity-Missouri as he stood in front of giant faux checks to taxpayers of various states. The one for Missouri, representing last year’s tax cut measure, was marked VOID. “We currently have a stagnant economy.”
The philosophical debate of tax cuts continues to be fought as groups like AFP – Missouri that advocate for tax relief which will jump start our economy while Governor Nixon is content with managing a state in slow decline doing nothing.
In recent years Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Wisconsin passed reforms that will give taxpayers significant refunds. In the first year of going into effect, Indiana taxpayers will receive $250 million in tax relief, Iowa Taxpayers will receive $440 million, North Carolina taxpayers will receive $500 million, Ohio taxpayers will receive $900 million, and Wisconsin taxpayers will receive $325 million.
These states are seeing the benefits to this strategy, while Missouri remains stagnant.
Over 30,000 payroll jobs have been lost since Governor Nixon took office, while neighboring states who have taken bold action and reformed their tax code continue to attract new jobs that bring families and businesses along with them.
“We can’t expect to restart our economy by making small tweaks while the entire tax system needs an overhaul,” said Patrick Werner, State Director of Americans for Prosperity – Missouri. “It’s time for Missouri to follow the example of many surrounding states and tackle tax reform head-on.”
Be sure to check out other Path to Prosperity media clips below:
- AFP – MO’s opposition to Nixon’s spending highlighted in KRCU NPR 90.9 FM
- Read about our School Choice Week event in Business Wire.
- AFP Activists w/ Senator Munzlinger in the Lewis County Press Journal
- Check out AFP – MO in the Columbia Daily Tribune
- Click here to watch Patrick discuss Right to Work on Missouri Viewpoints.
- To read about AFP on KBIA 91.3, click here.
- AFP – MO’s Path to Prosperity is a “Must Read” on KSGF 104.1
- Read the St. Louis Post Dispatch article on AFP – MO’s work for tax reform
- Read the KDK AM/FM & KXEA FM Yellow Pages article here.
- Read the Yellow Pages article on Big News Network.
- Read about the Yellow Pages test in on MissouriNet
- Watch the Yellow Pages interview on CBS KRCG Channel 13 by clicking here.
- To read about the Yellow Pages test in the News Tribune, click here.
- Watch Rachel Payton on the Missouri Torch’s Live from the Capitol.
- Listen to Patrick Werner on the Randy Tobler Show.
- To read about our bus to the Capitol on Red State please click here:
- Listen to Patrick Werner on 104.1 KSGF’s Nick Reed Show.
- Read our Op-Ed in the Southeast Missourian.
- Listen to Patrick Werner on 9.60 KZIM
- Watch Patrick Werner on Missouri View Points.
- Ozark Advisor Covers Defender of Prosperity Award Winner, Rep. Scott Fitzpatrick
- KRZK Radio Covers Defender of Prosperity Award Winner, Sen. David Sater
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.