AFP – MO on KRCU NPR 90.9 FM
St. Louis, MO – Americans for Prosperity – Missouri, the state’s leading advocate for fiscal responsibility and prosperity, was covered on KRCU NPR 90.9 FM for urging the Missouri legislature to pursue “bigger and more meaningful” tax relief for Missourians.
Read the full KRCU article.
Recently, Americans for Prosperity – Missouri drew attention to the sweeping tax reform measures passed last year in other states around the nation by displaying 6 large checks highlighting the substantial tax relief packages passed in other states compared to proposed legislation in the Missouri House.
“Missouri’s economy languishes under an outdated tax code that imposes one of the highest marginal rates in the Midwest,” explained Patrick Werner, state director of Americans for Prosperity. “While our politicians tinker around the edges, forward-thinking legislators in the states of Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Wisconsin are passing sweeping tax reform, slashing the burden on taxpayers, and making their states more competitive. It’s time for our legislators to go bold and pass real reform.”
In recent years Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Wisconsin passed reforms that will give taxpayers significant refunds. In the first year of going into effect, Indiana taxpayers will receive $250 million in tax relief, Iowa Taxpayers will receive $440 million, North Carolina taxpayers will receive $500 million, Ohio taxpayers will receive $900 million, and Wisconsin taxpayers will receive $325 million, while Missouri taxpayers would receive only $70 million.
Americans for Prosperity – Missouri highlighted the substantial amounts that those tax reforms delivered, compared to the minor refunds that would be offered under the proposed Missouri tax reforms, at their press conference today.
“We can’t expect to restart our economy by making small tweaks while the entire tax system needs an overhaul,” Werner continued. “It’s time for Missouri to follow the example of many surrounding states and tackle tax reform head-on.”
Be sure to check out other Path to Prosperity media clips below:
- AFP – MO’s opposition to Nixon’s spending highlighted in KRCU NPR 90.9 FM
- Read about our School Choice Week event in Business Wire.
- AFP Activists w/ Senator Munzlinger in the Lewis County Press Journal
- Check out AFP – MO in the Columbia Daily Tribune
- Click here to watch Patrick discuss Right to Work on Missouri Viewpoints.
- To read about AFP on KBIA 91.3, click here.
- AFP – MO’s Path to Prosperity is a “Must Read” on KSGF 104.1
- Read the St. Louis Post Dispatch article on AFP – MO’s work for tax reform
- Read the KDK AM/FM & KXEA FM Yellow Pages article here.
- Read the Yellow Pages article on Big News Network.
- Read about the Yellow Pages test in on MissouriNet
- Watch the Yellow Pages interview on CBS KRCG Channel 13 by clicking here.
- To read about the Yellow Pages test in the News Tribune, click here.
- Watch Rachel Payton on the Missouri Torch’s Live from the Capitol.
- Listen to Patrick Werner on the Randy Tobler Show.
- To read about our bus to the Capitol on Red State please click here:
- Listen to Patrick Werner on 104.1 KSGF’s Nick Reed Show.
- Read our Op-Ed in the Southeast Missourian.
- Listen to Patrick Werner on 9.60 KZIM
- Watch Patrick Werner on Missouri View Points.
- Ozark Advisor Covers Defender of Prosperity Award Winner, Rep. Scott Fitzpatrick
- KRZK Radio Covers Defender of Prosperity Award Winner, Sen. David Sater
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.