Jefferson City, MO – Yesterday, SiloBreaker covered Americans for Prosperity – Missouri’s Yellow Pages test at the Capitol to coincide with the Path to Prosperity document that is a comprehensive approach at legislation in 9 key policy areas designed to create an economic environment in MO for long term sustainable job growth.
The article highlights AFP – Missouri’s first of nine Legislative areas – Prosperity and Freedom by delivering 200 yellow pages to State Representatives and State Senators at the Missouri Capitol. AFP-Missouri wants lawmakers to review state government priorities by applying the Yellow Pages Test: “If it’s in the Yellow Pages government should consider not doing it.”
The Yellow Pages test helps government concentrate on delivering “inherently governmental” services — those that should be performed by public employees, like public safety and judicial systems — while contracting with businesses and nonprofit organizations for other services.
AFP – Missouri activists delivered nearly 200 yellow pages to State Representatives and State Senators at the MO Capitol. AFP-MO wants lawmakers to review state government priorities by applying the Yellow Pages Test: “If it’s in the Yellow Pages government should consider not doing it.”
“The purpose of the Yellow Pages test is for our elected officials to look to the private sector and non-for-profit organizations to provide more effective, cost efficient, and better services to the taxpayers of Missouri. This will help reduce the size of government, create jobs, and provide tax relief to Missouri families.” Patrick Werner, State Director, Americans for Prosperity – Missouri.
For more information on our Path to Prosperity and what our members have prioritized for the 2014 legislative session please go to www.moafp.org.
Be sure to check out other Path to Prosperity media clips below:
· Read the Yellow Pages article on Big News Network.
· Read about the Yellow Pages test in on MissouriNet
· Watch the Yellow Pages interview on CBS KRCG Channel 13 by clicking here.
· To read about the Yellow Pages test in the News Tribune, click here.
· Watch Rachel Payton on the Missouri Torch’s Live from the Capitol.
· Listen to Patrick Werner on the Randy Tobler Show.
· To read about our bus to the Capitol on Red State please click here:
· Listen to Patrick Werner on 104.1 KSGF’s Nick Reed Show.
· Read our Op-Ed in the Southeast Missourian.
· Listen to Patrick Werner on 9.60 KZIM
· Watch Patrick Werner on Missouri View Points.
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org