Workplace Freedom Lobbying
- Identify yourself as a voting constituent.
- All politicians are keenly aware of the fact that it is their constituents who hold the keys to their political futures.
- Thank your lawmaker, especially if they have recently stood up for taxpayers.
- This helps to disarm them because they are usually used to hearing negative feedback. For example, thank them for supporting workplace freedom; it will make it harder for them to tell you they don’t.
- State your point quickly and clearly.
- State the reason for your visit and give a brief description of the Workplace Freedom issue. If you have any personal stories (ie. You are a union member or your family members are union), be sure to share this info. Try to remain focused on this one issue.
- Remember… always be courteous.
- Never use threats or abusive language!