Health Care Exchange Action Center
What are health care exchanges?
The Exchanges created under the President’s new health care law (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010) are far from simple, innovative, or transparent. They also aren’t likely to drive down costs because they don’t encourage competition. Instead, these Exchanges heap layers of onerous rules, restrictions, and mandates on states and insurers. They empower bureaucrats at the federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), binding consumers’ choices and taking more control away from states. Click here for more information.
TAKE ACTION – Contact Your Lawmakers:
- Rep. Gail Haines, Chair of Health Policy Committee
- All Lawmakers: Stand Firm Against ObamaCare Exchanges
- Governor: Oppose ObamaCare Exchanges
- Repeal ObamaCare
- SAY NO TO “EXCHANGE” Petition to Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
States Should Flatly Reject Health Care Exchanges
Representatives Pledging to Oppose ObamaCare
Michigan Health Care Freedom Pledge
- State Representative Ken Goike – 33rd District
- State Representative Marty Knollenberg – 41st District
- State Representative Tom McMillin – 45th District
- State Representative Dave Agema – 74th District
- State Representative Greg MacMaster – 105th District
States Opposed to Exchanges
Rejected states: AL, AK, AZ, FL, GA, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MO, NE, NH, OH, OK, SC, SD, TX, VA, WI and WY
Waiting to hear: ID, MT, NJ, ND, PA and TN
- Americans for Prosperity Says Victory Over State-Based Health Care Exchange Demonstrates Power of Grassroots Activism (NEW)
- Health Care Exchange not in Michigan’s Best Interests
- Michigan health care exchange offers illusion of local control
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.