New Poll: Support for Pence Budget and Lower Taxes Run Deep
65% of Hoosiers Approve of Pence’s Job Performance
Indianapolis, IN – Americans for Prosperity – Indiana, the Hoosier state’s leading proponent of fiscal responsibility and lower taxes, is touting the results of a new poll which shows that 65% of Hoosier voters approve of Mike Pence’s job performance as Governor and 54% believe his budget and tax cut would be positive for them and their family.
“These poll results make clear what we have seen now for days while going door-to-door and talking with Hoosiers across our state. Hoosiers want a budget that provides substantial tax relief and believe that surplus dollars are best used for growing the economy, not government spending,” stated Chase Downham, Indiana State Director of Americans for Prosperity. “In comparing the three budget proposals, there is strong bipartisan support for the Pence budget. In addition, a strong majority of both Republicans and Independents believe taxes should be lowered instead of more spending.”
- 65% of all likely voters, and 81% of Republicans, approve of the job Mike Pence is doing as Governor
- 52% of all Hoosiers (64% of Republicans and 54% of Independents) said returning Indiana’s budget surplus to taxpayers was the BEST use of the money
- More voters – Democrat, Republican, and Independent – support the Pence budget proposal than the House and Senate budget proposals combined
- 46% of respondents favored the Pence budget, compared to 20% for the House budget and 19% for the Senate budget
- 53% of Independents, 41% of Democrats, and 49% of Republicans favor the Pence budget over the alternatives
- 54% of voters say the Pence budget will have a positive influence on them and their family
“Taxpayers across the state have spoken out in letters, emails, phone calls, and town halls to encourage the General Assembly to do the right thing in the days to come,” Downham continued. “While the Senate budget was a step in the right direction for lowering taxes, these results suggest that Hoosier taxpayers want to see the General Assembly continue to work towards greater tax relief.”
Americans for Prosperity has led the grassroots fight for a state budget that puts taxpayers first with a full-court press that includes TV, radio and significant grassroots action. AFP activists have already visited over 20,000 households, sent 5,000 emails to legislators, and made 1,500 calls directly to lawmakers in support of the Pence budget and proposed tax cut.
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.americansforprosperity.org