The close of another year provides a chance to reflect upon the successes and failures of the past year while looking forward to the challenges and opportunities in the coming year. With your support and participation, in 2013 AFP- Illinois continued strong growth as an organization as together we fought for the free market policies that give people the best chance to realize their dreams.
Whether it was rallying Republicans and educating citizens on the negative effects of the proposed progressive income tax; joining taxpayers in defeating local tax and debt increases; countering the radical environmentalists’ false claims about fracking in southern Illinois; or continuing to work for the repeal of Obamacare, you joined AFP and fellow citizens to work for a better state and nation.
Here is a quick snapshot of how AFP- Illinois fought for greater economic freedom in 2013:
- 23 local tax or debt increases defeated with AFP assistance.
- In May alone, generated over 2 million views of online ads about the progressive income tax and over 6.5 million Facebook ad impressions
- Over 3,000 new Illinois activists
- The largest social media footprint of any center-right group in Illinois with nearly 18,000 Facebook “Likes” and over 3,900 Twitter followers.
- 13 activist office visits to Members of Congress and state legislators
- 10,251 live activist calls made in May into ten priority legislator districts to educate on the progressive income tax.
- 1,278 legislator contacts made by activists to oppose the progressive income tax.
- 26 townhall events or economic freedom presentations held throughout the state.
- Thirteen screenings of FrackNation, to rebut the false environmentalists claims about fracking.
- And the first-ever Restore Illinois Summit, featuring Michelle Malkin, Dana Loesch and all four GOP Gubernatorial candidates.
We believe 2014 will be a pivotal year in the effort to turn around Illinois. Thank you for your support of AFP- Illinois and, more importantly, your efforts to make the Land of Lincoln a better place to live, work and raise a family.
AFP-Illinois wishes you and your family a happy and prosperous New Year.