Emilie, whose coverage was cancelled due to ObamaCare, will attend the SOTU as a guest of Rep. Marsha Blackburn
Arlington, VA – Today Americans for Prosperity, the nation’s largest grassroots advocate for health care freedom, announced the launch of a major national TV ad effort that shares a powerful personal story of how ObamaCare is causing cancelled plans and skyrocketing health care costs.
The new ad shares the experience of Emilie, a woman suffering from a chronic illness who had her plan cancelled due to ObamaCare, and has had to take on a second job just to pay for the more expensive plan she is forced to buy. Emilie’s story begins airing this week on national cable outlets.
Previewing Obama’s State of the Union speech, AFP President Tim Phillips said, “Tonight, President Obama will attempt to change the subject away from the millions of Americans who have been hurt by his ‘greatest’ achievement and signature health care law. People like Emilie have been hurt by ObamaCare. They’ve had their plans cancelled, costs skyrocket, and in many cases, lost access to their doctor. The American people deserve better than more broken promises.”
Here are the facts:
- Emilie, age 39, voted for President Obama, and thought the ACA was going to work. She works for a CPA and cares for her mother.
- She suffers from a chronic illness called Lupus.
- She described the health care plan she had as “stellar AND affordable.”
- Now, the plan she liked has been cancelled, and she is struggling to make ends meet with $6,000 higher out of pocket health care costs (even after factoring in a small subsidy she is eligible for).
- Emilie says she is disappointed that President Obama broke his promise. The result of ObamaCare is that people like Emilie are getting hurt.