Terminal Patients Compassionate Care Act -- Committee Action, Week of Feb 3
AZ COMMITTEE ACTION ALERT
HCR 2005 — The “Terminal Patients Compassionate Care Act”
HCR 2005, sponsored by Rep. Phil Lovas, will be heard by the House Reform and Human Services Committee on Thursday, February 6 at 9:00 am. The bill would put a “Terminal Patients Compassionate Care Act” on the 2014 election ballot. If approved by the voters, the reform would allow drug manufacturers to provide investigational drugs, products, or devices to terminally ill patients. No individual should be denied the right to save their own life — and, with this legislation, Arizona would recognize that dying patients have a “Right to Try” treatments that have been deemed safe by the FDA but which have not been granted full FDA approval. Please take the following two actions today to support this important health care freedom reform:
1) Use the contact information below to call or email the members of the House
Reform and Human Services Committee, and ask them to support HCR 2005 to protect the rights of terminally ill patients.
2) Use THIS LINK to email the legislators in your district, and ask them to support
HCR 2005 when it comes to a floor vote.
o Chairman Steve Montenegro (602)-926-5955 email@example.com
o Rep. Kelly Townsend (602)-926-4467 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Rep. Debbie Lesko (602)-926-5413 email@example.com
o Rep. Carl Seel (602)-926-3018 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Rep. Steve Smith (602)-926-5685 email@example.com
o Rep. Sally Ann Gonzales (602)-926-3278 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Rep. Juan Mendez (602)-926-4124 email@example.com
And here are even more ways to take action:
1) Register in support of the bill. If you do not already have an account with the ALIS system, you will need to come down to the Capitol to set up an account at one of the several kiosks (after you sign up, you will be able to voice your opinion on bills from the comfort of your home). For help getting set up with an ALIS account, contact Bill Fathauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our legislative team will also be there in advance of the hearing to help anyone who needs to sign in.
2) Attend the committee hearings and testify in support of the bill. If you or someone you know has been personally affected by an issue being raised in committee, you can attend the hearing in person and tell your story. Requesting to speak also requires setting up an ALIS account in person if you do not already have one (see #1 above), but after that it is very easy to request to speak at any time from your home computer or a mobile device.
3) Spread the word! After you’re done lobbying your legislators yourselves, please forward the link to this info to your friends and family — or anyone else you know — and show them how they can be a part of the process. Every new voice helps!
Thank you for all you do to help win free-market victories for the people of Arizona. I hope you’ll continue to stand with us going forward! To take action on other important bills, go to our TAKE ACTION webpage:
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.