Please Support Budget Transparency!
AZ Committee Action Alert: HB 2614—“Truth-in-Spending”
HB 2614, sponsored by Rep. Steve Smith, would help ensure budget transparency and that state legislators own their support of bad budgets. A priority of AFP-Arizona for years, this important bill will be heard next week by the House Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility Committee—where Rep. Smith is co-chairman.
In order to help pass this bill, I’d strongly encourage you to take the following steps:
1. Use the contact info below to call or email the other members of the House Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility Committee and politely ask them to support the bill (and thank Reps. Smith, Gowan, and Seel for co-sponsoring the bill!):
• Chairman Justin Olson (602)-926-5288 email@example.com
• Rep. Steve Smith (602)-926-5685 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rep. David Gowan (602)-926-3312 email@example.com
• Rep. Debbie Lesko (602)-926-5413 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rep. Carl Seel (602)-926-3018 email@example.com
• Rep. Lupe Contreras (602)-926-5284 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rep. Jonathan Larkin (602)-926-5058 email@example.com
• Rep. Bruce Wheeler (602)-926-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Click HERE to let the House members in your district know how important this bill is to the grassroots and that you want them to vote in support when it comes to the floor.
And here are even more ways to take action:
1) Register in support of the bill. If you do not already have an account with the ALIS system, you will need to come down to the Capitol to set up an account at one of the several kiosks (after you sign up, you will be able to voice your opinion on bills from the comfort of your home). For help getting set up with an ALIS account, contact Bill Fathauer at email@example.com. A member of our legislative team will also be there in advance of the hearing to help anyone who needs to sign in.
2) Attend the committee hearings and testify in support of the bill. If you or someone you know has been personally affected by an issue being raised in committee, you can attend the hearing in person and tell your story. Requesting to speak also requires setting up an ALIS account in person if you do not already have one (see #1 above), but after that it is very easy to request to speak at any time from your home computer or a mobile device.
3) Spread the word! After you’re done lobbying your legislators yourselves, please forward this link to your friends and family — or anyone else you know — and show them how they can be a part of the process. Every new voice helps!
Thank you for all you do to help win free-market victories for the people of Arizona. I hope you’ll continue to stand with us going forward! To take action on other important bills, go to our TAKE ACTION webpage.
Director of External Affairs
Americans for Prosperity-Arizona
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.