Legislative Action Needed: Three Bills Going Before the Senate Finance Committee!
All three of these bills will be heard before the Senate Finance Committee this Wednesday at 2pm. Please contact the members of this committee (listed below) and ask them to strongly support all three!
HCR 2022–Personal Property Tax Exemption
HCR 2022, sponsored by Representative J.D. Mesnard, would place on the 2014 ballot a question of whether to amend the state Constitution to prohibit the Legislature from levying a tax on the full cash value of the first $2.4 million of assessed cash value of personal property that is initially acquired during or after tax year 2015 and that is used for agricultural purposes or in trade or business.
HB 2058–Help End Pension Spiking!
HB 2058, sponsored by Representative John Kavanagh, would prevent “pension spiking” by those enrolled in the Arizona State Retirement System, Public Safety Personnel Retirement System, and Corrections Officer Retirement System.
HB 2377–Help Kill the Inflation Tax!
HB 2377, sponsored by Representative Justin Olson, would require Arizona to join a majority of other States in accounting for inflation when taxing citizen income. This important tax reform would protect hardworking Arizona taxpayers from a “hidden tax” caused when cost-of-living wage increases push them into higher tax brackets.
- Chairman Steve Yarbrough (602)-926-5863 email@example.com
- Sen. Bob Worsley (602)-926-5760 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Michele Reagan (602)-926-5828 email@example.com
- Sen. Robert Meza (602)-926-3425 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. David Farnsworth (602)-926-3020 email@example.com
- Sen. Steve Farley (602)-926-3022 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Olivia Cajero-Bedford (602)-926-5835 email@example.com
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.