Government Employee Paycheck Protection--Help Protect Workers Paychecks from Union Spending!
February 2014 — Legislative Action Alert
SB1354 and SB1355, sponsored by Sen. Gail Griffin and Sen. Kelli Ward respectively, are two different versions of Paycheck Protection which ensure that government sector employees are protected from having third-party payments (including union dues and union political action funds) taken out of their paychecks without written or electronic consent.
These bills have been assigned to the Senate Government and Environment Committee, but have not been placed on an agenda as of now. However, you can still take the following action today:
1) Please use the following contact info to email or call the members of the Senate Government and Environment Committee and tell them to support the bill when it is placed on the agenda (and thank Chairwoman Griffin and Sen. Ward for sponsoring!):
- Chairwoman Gail Griffin (602)-926-5895 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Judy Burges (602)-926-5861 email@example.com
- Sen. Chester Crandell (602)-926-5409 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Kelli Ward (602)-926-4138 email@example.com
- Sen. Carlyle Begay (602)-926-5862 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Steve Farley (602)-926-3022 email@example.com
- Sen. Katie Hobbs (602)-926-5325 firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Click HERE to go to our Paycheck Protection Action page and contact the representatives of your own legislative district to let them know you expect them to vote in favor of this bill when it comes up for a floor vote.
And here are even more ways to take action:
1) Register in support of the bill: If you do not already have an account with the ALIS system, you will need to come down to the Capitol to set up an account at one of the several kiosks (after you sign up, you will be able to voice your opinion on bills from the comfort of your home). For help getting set up with an ALIS account, contact me at email@example.com. I or another member of our legislative team will also be at the Capitol in advance of the hearing to help anyone who needs to sign in.
2) Attend the committee hearings and testify in support of the bill: If you or someone you know has been personally affected by an issue being raised in committee, you can attend the hearing in person and tell your story. Requesting to speak also requires setting up an ALIS account in person if you do not already have one (see #1 above), but after that it is very easy to request to speak at any time from your home computer or a mobile device.
3) Spread the word: After you’re done lobbying your legislators yourselves, please forward this link to your friends and family — or anyone else you know — and show them how they can be a part of the process. Every new voice helps!
Thank you for all you do to help win free-market victories for the people of Arizona. I hope you’ll continue to stand with us going forward! To take action on other important bills, go to our TAKE ACTION webpage HERE.
Director, External Affairs
Americans for Prosperity-Arizona
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.