Freedom fighters: Legislative action starts now!
ACTION LINK BELOW
To all Arizona Freedom Fighters–
The Arizona chapter of Americans for Prosperity’s mission is to defend Arizona’s taxpayers, families, producers and consumers against the predations of Big Government and its crony-capitalist allies. To accomplish that mission, we need to mobilize grassroots activists like YOU to encourage your elected representatives to support pro-free market policies at the Arizona Legislature.
The 2014 legislative session gives us a great opportunity to push this State forward on issues ranging from educational choice to healthcare freedom to tax reform. AFP-Arizona and its activists will play a decisive role in pushing several important reforms, including:
Requiring criminal background checks and proper training for individuals seeking to serve as health insurance “navigators” under ObamaCare.
- Requiring criminal background checks and proper training for individuals seeking to serve as health insurance “navigators” under ObamaCare.
- Eliminating the sales tax on energy used by Arizona manufacturers (for ALL manufacturers — not just a select few companies with political connections).
- Allowing consumers to purchase health insurance across state lines.
- Expanding Arizona’s Empowerment Scholarship Accounts to enable greater numbers of Arizona families to provide their children with a better education.
- Killing the Inflation Tax, which currently punishes hard-working Arizona taxpayers by allowing simple cost-of-living adjustments in salaries and wages to push taxpayers into higher income tax brackets.
- Enacting legislation to stop school districts from double-dipping on taxpayer money by setting up fake charter schools.
- Enacting “Truth in Spending” legislation, which would require the Legislature to inform the public within 24 hours when a committee passes a budget which proposes to expand government spending faster than the projected growth of the state’s economy.
- Protecting the right of terminally ill patients to try experimental medication that has been established as safe, even if it hasn’t fully passed all FDA testing. (Thanks to our friends at the Goldwater Institute for leading the way on this important reform!)
- Enacting Paycheck Protection legislation to protect taxpayers from government unions, which currently take political action money out of the paychecks of government workers without getting their annual consent.
- Protecting charter schools and independent schools from Common Core mandates.
For a full look at our entire agenda, please go to:
TAKE ACTION! To get started right away, you can use this link to take action on four bills that will be in committee this week:
We have a great lobbying team down at the state Capitol that will be sending us frequent updates as these bills are moving through the legislative process. Dave Kopp and/or Bill Fathauer will be down at the Legislature most days, in case you need help getting set up on the ALIS system — we want to empower you to comment on these bills as they are moving through committees. Let me know, and I will put you in contact with them.
Thanks for staying involved, and for keeping our politicians’ feet to the fire. If you like the work we’re doing at Americans for Prosperity, please go to the top of this webpage and click on the “DONATE” button to help us continue on behalf of Arizona’s taxpayers and families.
Thank you again for all you are doing to advance free-market policies. On behalf of our entire AFP-Arizona team, we look forward to working with you during the 2014 legislative session and beyond!
For Liberty, Tom
Americans for Prosperity
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.