Action Alert--SB 1048 Helps Businesses Who Support Education Reform!
SB 1048: Individual Income Tax Credit for Businesses
SB 1048, sponsored by Senator Steve Yarbrough, would enact an income tax credit for businesses who contribute to a school tuition organization (STO). We need to help Arizona children get the best possible education we can provide, so please take the following action steps today:
1) Call or email the following members of the House Ways and Means Committee to encourage them to support this bill on Monday, February 24th at 2pm!
- Chairwoman Debbie Lesko (602)-926-5413 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Adam Kwasman (602)-926-5839 email@example.com
- Rep. Mark Cardenas (602)-926-3014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Ruben Gallego (602)-926-3042 email@example.com
- Rep. J.D. Mesnard (602)-926-4481 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Justin Olson (602)-926-5288 email@example.com
- Rep. Warren Petersen (602)-926-4136 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Bruce Wheeler (602)-926-3300 email@example.com
2) Click HERE to encourage the legislators in your district to support the bill when it comes up for a floor vote!
Meanwhile, here are even more ways to take action:
1) Register in ALIS in support of good bills: If you do not already have an account with the Arizona Legislative Information System, you will need to come down to the Capitol to set up an account at one of the several kiosks (after you sign up, you will be able to voice your opinion on bills from the comfort of your home). For help getting set up with an ALIS account, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our legislative team will also be there in advance of the hearing to help anyone who needs to sign in.
2) Attend the committee hearings and testify in support of good bills: If you or someone you know has been personally affected by an issue being raised in committee, you can attend the hearing in person and tell your story. Requesting to speak also requires setting up an ALIS account in person if you do not already have one (see #1 above), but after that it is very easy to request to speak at any time from your home computer or a mobile device.
3) Spread the word!: After you’re done lobbying your legislators yourselves, please forward the link to AFP-Arizona’s action page onto your friends and family — or anyone else you know — and show them how they can be a part of the process. Every new voice helps!
Director of External Affairs
Americans for Prosperity-Arizona
Like this post? Chip in $5 to AFP.