HB2174—Income Tax Deduction for the Obamacare Penalty (week of Feb 10)
HB2174, a bill sponsored by Rep. Adam Kwasman, ensures the list of deductions from Arizona gross income for the purposes of income tax will include the amount paid as a federal tax penalty for failing to timely purchase health care insurance as required under Obamacare. Please take the following action today:
1) Please use the following contact info to email or call the other members of the House Ways and Means Committee, which will be hearing the bill on Monday February 10th at 2pm, and tell them to support the bill (and that Rep. Kwasman for sponsoring!):
- Chairwoman Debbie Lesko (602)-926-5413 email@example.com
- Rep. Adam Kwasman (602)-926-5839 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Mark Cardenas (602)-926-3014 email@example.com
- Rep. Ruben Gallego (602)-926-3042 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. J.D. Mesnard (602)-926-4481 email@example.com
- Rep. Justin Olson (602)-926-5288 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Warren Petersen (602)-926-4136 email@example.com
- Rep. Bruce Wheeler (602)-926-3300 firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Click HERE to go to our HB2174 Action page and contact the representatives of your own legislative district to let them know you expect them to vote in favor of this bill when it comes up for a floor vote.
And here are even more ways to take action:
1) Register in support of the bill: If you do not already have an account with the ALIS system, you will need to come down to the Capitol to set up an account at one of the several kiosks (after you sign up, you will be able to voice your opinion on bills from the comfort of your home). For help getting set up with an ALIS account, contact me at email@example.com. I or another member of our legislative team will also be at the Capitol in advance of the hearing to help anyone who needs to sign in.
2) Attend the committee hearings and testify in support of the bill: If you or someone you know has been personally affected by an issue being raised in committee, you can attend the hearing in person and tell your story. Requesting to speak also requires setting up an ALIS account in person if you do not already have one (see #1 above), but after that it is very easy to request to speak at any time from your home computer or a mobile device.
3) Spread the word: After you’re done lobbying your legislators yourselves, please forward this link to your friends and family — or anyone else you know — and show them how they can be a part of the process. Every new voice helps!
Thank you for all you do to help win free-market victories for the people of Arizona. I hope you’ll continue to stand with us going forward! To take action on other important bills, go to our TAKE ACTION webpage HERE.
Director, External Affairs
Americans for Prosperity-Arizona