About Americans for Prosperity
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is committed to educating citizens about economic policy and mobilizing those citizens as advocates in the public policy process. AFP is an organization of grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets on the local, state, and federal levels. AFP grassroots activists advocate for public policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint. To that end, AFP supports:
- Cutting taxes and government spending in order to halt the encroachment of government in the economic lives of citizens by fighting proposed tax increases and pointing out evidence of waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Removing unnecessary barriers to entrepreneurship and opportunity by sparking citizen involvement early in the regulatory process in order to reduce red tape.
- Restoring fairness to our judicial system.
Who We Are
The heart and soul of AFP is our citizen activists. They organize events, write letters to the editor, and petition their lawmakers to uphold freedom and prosperity. Americans for Prosperity has more than 2.3 million activists in all 50 states and 34 state chapters and affiliates. More than 90,000 Americans in all 50 states have made a financial contribution to AFP or our sister organization, AFP Foundation.
What We Do
AFP’s network of organized and influential citizen leaders in a growing number of states throughout the country is working to change the nation one state at a time.
- AFP mobilizes citizens to effectively make their voices heard in public policy issue campaigns.
- AFP educates citizens about where their elected officials stand on our issues.
- AFP combines “best-in-class” capabilities built once at the national level with local knowledge from our state staff and on-the-ground grassroots to create economies of scale that win.
- AFP leverages our comparative advantages with those of other groups by building coalitions of local, state, and national grassroots organizations fighting for a common cause.
We do not endorse specific candidates or expressly advocate for the election or defeat of a candidate. AFP does not operate in terms of election cycles, does not support any political party, and as a rule does not support or oppose candidates for office.
To learn more about AFP Foundation click here.